Happy April! This month’s recipe comes from Sunita Bhatnagar. It is one of her family favorites, and we have enjoyed making it for several clients. The chicken is extra tender, and the delicious aromas are sure to fill your kitchen!
Ingredients For Chicken:
- I tray of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Jalapeno – 1
- Lime Juice – 2 tsp
- Yogurt – 1 ½ cups
- Sour cream – ½ cup
- Chille powder / paprika
- Garam masala – Indian spice mix
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine ginger, garlic, chille, lime, oil, salt and spices.
- Grind it and add yogurt and sour cream and process till smooth. Marinate bite size pieces of chicken in this marinade for 6- 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then broil for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Tomatoes - 6
- Tomato sauce – 6 table spoons
- Cashews - fistful
- Bay leaves - 2
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Ginger – 1 ½ piece, minced or grated
- 1 Jalapeno – seeded and chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp fenugreek leaves, washed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Melt butter and add bay leaf and cashew pieces and sauté.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chili, tomato sauce and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a saucepan.
- Keep on low heat and add fenugreek, honey and heavy cream.
- Then add the baked chicken pieces to the sauce and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cream.