Celebrate Independence Day with this easy recipe for yummy cheesecake with all the colors of the holiday. It has a little bit of white chocolate to make it especially decadent.
- 7 ounces of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ounces of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Strawberry preserves
- Strawberries cut into quarters
Make the crust:
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until evenly moistened.
- Press the crumbs over the bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan.
- Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
Make the filling:
- Microwave the white chips in 10-second intervals until just melted. Let cool slightly.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese with the confectioners’ sugar, extract and orange and lemon zests until smooth. Gradually beat in the white chocolate. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl.
- Whisk the cream at high speed until firm peaks form.
- Gently stir a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the remaining whipped cream until the ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the crust evenly. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Unmold the cheesecake. Top with the strawberry preserves and garnish with quartered strawberries and blueberries.