Michell Huber loves to make this incredibly potent red sangria based on a recipe by Emeril Lagasse. It is a great party drink, but warn your friends, it can sneak up on you!
- 1 bottle of Merlot
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange triple sec
- 3 limes, juice squeezed into the mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 bottle Pellegrino, chilled
Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large pitcher. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Add the Pellegrino just before serving.