Chef Daniele made this delicious Spanish tapas dish with the kids at our summer camp, and they LOVED them! Get your kids in the kitchen and whip up some to eat while you watch football.
- 1lb Ground beef
- 1lb Ground pork
- 1 cup Rice
- 4 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 shallots
- 1 orange
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 white onion
- 16 oz veggie broth
- Frying oil and bread crumbs as much as needed
- Baking soda
- In a bowl, mix the meat,1/2 orange zest, cooked rice, minced garlic, 2 yolks, a little paprika and few drops of tabasco.
- Add finely chopped shallots, 2 boiled eggs, salt and mix well.
- Slowly mix in the breadcrumbs until you get a consistency that will allow you to form a ball.
- Make the tomato sauce: sautee 1 chopped onion, add a few drops of tabasco and cook until translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, a pinch of baking soda, broth and cook for about 15 minutes. Adjust with salt.
- Form meatballs and fry them until golden brown. Serve meatballs with the tomato sauce.
Want to cook with Chef Daniele? See when his next class is, or request him for a private party in your home or office!